dinsdag 31 mei 2011

Things I don't like about my flat

I don't like how it smells like greasy food and cheap flower vaporizer.
I don't like how my windows are damp in the morning and everything is damp and there is mold growing because it is so fucking humid all the time.
I don't like the two motorcycles parking right in front of my window every morning at 6.30.
I don't like the two motorcycles leaving from right in front of my window every afternoon at 5.30. I don't like that the drivers turn on their engines prior to putting on their jackets and helmets and linger around for ten minutes, emitting noise and fumes into my room.
I don't like that I have to do my male flatmates' dishes before I cook instead of doing my own after I finished cooking.

See the meat defrosting on the right? Very familiar.
(This is not my actual kitchen.)
I don't like how there's been toast in the toaster for two days now that doesn't appear to belong to anyone.
I don't like the constant noise of the construction works.
I don't like how one of my flatmates manages to flood the entire bathroom simply by washing his face.
I don't like how one of my flatmates leaves hairs on the walls of the shower and doesn't bother to rinse them off.
I don't like how everyone always leaves the lights on. I don't like how people don't care about stuff that's not theirs.
I don't like how people shower in the middle of the night even though I friendly asked them not to (and didn't think that was an unreasonable thing to ask, as my room is right next to it).
I don't like how dark this place is. I don't like seeing no sunlight whatsoever.
I don't like how at this point I don't even feel like being friendly to my flatmates anymore because the whole situation gets on my nerves that much. I don't like how I let it get to me.

It's just the guys who lack education, really. Why is it that girls manage to do just fine and on top of that put up with disgusting male habits? I probably have my own flaws as a flatmate. I might turn my music on too loud sometimes. I might wake people when I get up at a normal hour in the mornings. But I do have an idea of what it takes to live in a small flat with other people, and that includes doing the dishes on a regular basis.

It's very easy to be grumpy all the time, but stuff like this really upsets me. Time for some positivism!... Not happening. Made myself chicken-red curry-rice, because food mostly helps. Did dishes before and after. Fuck! this place.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain! Daarom ben ik al vier keer van kot verhuisd, en heb ik de vierde keer dan maar gekozen voor een eigen keuken en een eigen wc. Who needs human contact when you have a clean kitchen and bathroom, and no one steals your food!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. English Post! No need for the useless Google Translator.

    Yeah it sucks to flat with people you do not know, or have bad habits. It just depends on who your flatting with and where. No.14 doesn't look like the nicest place in town.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen